Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Using technology to generate the job done!


Today in the 'production' of my final art for the activity book I have been working on I used the scanner and printer to print off a page for the 'find the differences'. I drew the one page , scanned it and then took out some items in 'paint'. I figured out how to print it on my Bristol and Wallah- The other page ready to add the 'differences' in the traditional pencil. I can't believe I figured it all out! I have read of such things by other artists now I am doing it! Boy am I getting the hang of some of this technology stuff!
If you too are new - go for it!

2 comments:

Becky said...

The images look good. Did you print the bristol board off your printer? Did it bend ok? I wonder if I should try that with my 140# watercolor paper.

Becky
www.illustratingforchildren.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yes, my bristol went through fine. I have put through watercolor before. Not on the printer i have now but on my things to try. I find smooth paper works best in the printers. I did not have to change the setting on my printer but some do have a setting for heavier paper in the set up. Can't hurt to try. One thing that might happenn is the ink you print with 'bleed'if you want to watercolor on it.
I have printed some of my kids stuff and it looks just like the pencil or crayon they used. So you could make little cards, bookkmarkes etc. with your printer and then spray fix them too. juat really depends on what your trying to do.

susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...