Tuesday, June 10, 2008

No limit in the sky

now that i have been playing around with some sky i find there is no limit to the effects. I hope you do too.
I began by drawing in a roof line. Then applying clear water in the area of the sky. Using Prussian blue and adding a little Raw Umber to tone down the intensity. I liked mixing the two in my pallet and applying it the roof line wet and right to the clear water area. Also turning the paper to get it to move to the top. if I wanted a reflection of another color(ex:Windsor red) I would add it in then.Even adding a bit more sky color along the roof line for more contrast. Last blotting out 'clouds' of white where needed.

Next: Finding a lighter blue sky color and Where the Trees hit the Sky

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips. I am just getting back into watercolor and this was inspiration for me. Looking forward to more...

Luba said...

These are great exercises! You learn so much from them.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful sky cuts

Unknown said...

This is the kind of 'exercise' I can handle...hehe.
hope you will join me!
Su

Linda T said...

Good idea for testing blues. Prussian blue always seems so cool and winter-like. You should try cobalt and ultramarine blue with this same exercise. Also, you can add a touch of alizarin crimson and yellow ochre to skies for some interesting variations.

Unknown said...

Linda i sure will try this combo out. Yep, looking for something summer like!
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...