Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trying out my sky in the park



Well I sketched part of the play area at the park yesterday.

In between unloading the dishwasher this morning (as I couldn't keep from painting) I tried adding the sky as I experimented with the other day. I found that using a cotton swab and dabbing at the area of the tree trunk after the sky was washed in worked pretty well. i was afraid to 'drag' it across to lift the sky color thinking it my harm the watercolor paper. In the scan it looks like there is more white paper showing than actually what is there.
I am not sure what I think as it is there but I am hoping as I add the other ellements it will all come together.
Ok- didshes are done and we are working on out toy room...this will have to wait. At least i can sketch at the kids ballgame tonight again.

5 comments:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

nice sky...i understand fun between the household tasks...i am cleaning out a sewing room...kerchooooey

Shelly McC said...

WOw! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Susan, this is very effective! Great job...

Sandy said...

Gorgeous sky, sort of a stormy effect.

Timaree said...

That sky looks really good. I like it with the rest left without the color.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...