Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just Sketchin', then the Rain...keep sletchin' in the rain...

Back end beauty

Made out to the Butler County Farm show for a sketch Crawl. It started out as a overcast day then the clouds and buckets of rain rolled in...That didn't stop us though!


I ripped down some watercolor to about 5x7 for a small clipboard I took. I placed 2 on the board and put the rest in a baggie to keep them clean and dry. it worked very well. when walking I turned the back side out just in case I got bumped or sneezed on by some goat or like.



As one was started, the cow -excuseme- steer-would move, so I started another. He would move back and I would continue on that angle. that seemed to be a good way to get something done.




Chickens on the other hand- never stop moving. Wow, anytime one chicken would 'crow' or squawk they would jerk their head in that direction. With over 50 cages in the tent- It was non stop. Good trick with these guys though you could tap on the cage with your pencil or hold your hand up and they would look at it. Then being able to direct them back to the pose. Who knew?



Fairway on the way out

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Susan, I love your animals! Great idea about the clipboard. I'll have to try that. My current favorite farm animal to draw happens to be chickens, since we moved out to the country last year and have some of our own. You're right, they hardly ever stop moving! Great job with them.

Art is for the Making said...

You did fabulous with the animals sketches. Very nice! I'm super impressed you did your artwork in the rain - love that.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful sketches, capturing the What-It-Is-To-Be a sheep, cow, chicken. Very nice

Becky said...

i love the animal sketches. Great job.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks! Nest time some bodues!
Stop back and see the work of fellow artist Chryl Ceol from the sketch crawl.
http://www.ceolcreations.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...