Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Making marks and Music

all artwork by susan Walker all rights reserved 2010



A few sketches while listening to a band in our 'town square' on a summers evening. The kids found some other kids to through a ball around with and Tom and I sat back and enjoyed the music and sites of people.
On the way back to the car my daughter ssid she wanted to learn to olay the drums...after i am done with guitar of course. (she just started guitar this summer,piano for 3 years...words from babes i tell ya)


8 comments:

Lynn Logan Roselli said...

Lovely sketches! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. It is also nice that your daughter is so into music. Maybe I am bias as my husband is a drummer...but the idea of her taking drum lessons...sounds awesome!

Ann said...

Sounds like a great evening and these are wonderful sketches to remember it by. I wish my daughter were interested in music, besides listening to it!

Art is for the Making said...

Ah, yes. Some of my favorite days are when I'm with the family, but they are busy and happy and I have the time and space to draw. Such fun! I like these pieces very much - such a nice touch you have on the paper.

Alex said...

Nice sketches! From the drawings themselves, you could tell how much fun it was ^^ Great job with capturing the fun element in it!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous day and you got some terrific drawings from it! I'm getting hints that our heat wave will be breaking soon and I look forward to doing sketches like these!

Unknown said...

Thanks as always for your kind words. It really fuels me to continue to keep at this and try new things.
You guys rock!

nanke's stuff said...

Terrific little sketches and it sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time! nancy

donna said...

I especially love the sketch with the door. It makes me wonder where it leads. These are all great journal pages.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...