Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Strathmore Visual Journal week one class


 My selection of art to use for week 1

 Gearing up for a Visual journal class I am taking. I ordered my Strathmore watercolor 140# visual journal and can't wait to get started. In lesson one we are to copy and use artwork we have created and pull together other bits of paper, type, words etc.to add to our page. Many of the originals are in ink from my sketchbooks and some of the Zentangles(R) I have done lately. I think we will be building up the page from this point.
Here are a few of the pieces I have chosen. I am looking at color combinations and possible a black/white look for a completely different effect on an other page.
My journal isn't here yet so I got started on a 140# paper to slip in when it does.

Here I cut pieces and played with the layout.



I used matte medium to attach the pieces down. Another light layer over top.

11 comments:

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi: I love the drawings on your banner! Thanks for posting your process with the workshop... I always learn something new when I visit blogs!

Iberostar said...

I received an error when I tried to subscribe to your feed.
I like your work - the dog sketches are great!

Eila A said...

Susan, the first stage of your page looks very beautiful and very interesting! Your drawings are wonderful!

Monica said...

Susan your work is incredible, what beauty!

Elizabeth Parsons said...

gesso as a glue? I am not sure that will last.
love your work!
Elizabeth

bettyfromtexas said...

I love how you posted the process!! I have just received my journal, and I didn't work ahead. I will have some catching up to do.

Your page looks marvelous!

Patti Sandham said...

Your sketching is wonderful! Your week 1 page is great. I especially love the zentangle looping through the tree. CooL!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your lovely kind words and encouragement. Heres moving on to week 2!

donna said...

Keep sharing, I like to see what people are learning in this class!

nanke's stuff said...

Very cool project! How did you feel cutting up your previous work? I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops! nancy

Unknown said...

This does look to be an interesting class! Can't wait to see where you take this next!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...