Thursday, January 2, 2014

Do it-Day 1 of Thirty paintings in 30 days

I am a day later than many other artist who are participating in Leslie Saetas Thirty paintings in 30 days. My kids still had school off yesterday and we had some family over. So today is my first day.Actually it too got off to an unplanned start as school was cancelled. I had to regroup. But fortunately the kids played in the snow, some games and tv. After a late start and cleaning my desk I got to work.I thought the verse was appropriate for the beginning of what is my 3rd thirty in 30. "If you can Dream it, You can Do It."-Walt Disney, a dreamer who got things done. a lot of things.
Boy it was good to paint again!


"Do It" by Susan Walker
6 x 6" Mixed Media
Purchase or to View Click Here


Started with a basswood canvas with a gesso primer. Began by working two acrylics into a back ground. Here a milk chocolate and espresso brown. Misted for texture.

More layers and texture is added. One of my favorites-bubble wrap.

Stamp and hand painting

 Stamp the verse directly



I like to carry everything around the edges too for a complete look. Sealed and ready to display or hang.

If you like to see my other paintings from the last two thirty in 30 painting challenges, pop over to my web site here and archived work here.

Want to be the first to see my painting for the day? Join my eNews letter here to get the first peak along with some special offers.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...