Thursday, June 19, 2008

sketching in a book


I had in mind that I wanted to draw right on the pages of something. I loved what Anita showed us of her baby book on EDM. a link to see hers :http://artbyanita.blogspot.com/search/label/altered%20baby%20book
But knew I would be intimidated by such an nice "support'. I needed something not fancy or expensive. No luck at the 'Boarders Express'-OH other than I got a book light there-yippee- I found myself pulling up to the dollar store. Not sure what I wanted thought who knows what I will find. Well I bought a small book. I liked that it was small in my hands and thin. Not to many pages to feel obligated to fill. Paper a creamy color but non of that mattered when I was looking. This was for the heck of it.I even bought a glue stick thinking i might glue 'things' in it at some point.

WELL- I got to an appointment early I thought and put one mark of watercolor on a page. That was it as they were ready for me...boo.

So now that this story is so long...I got to draw in it this am. WHILE I was on an elliptical machine. With others right beside me that could see me drawing. Thank you EDM members for the inspiration from the group to do such things. If Martha can sketch in the dark - why not while exercising.
I actually didn't continue to the weight machines but down to the pool with my kids to keep drawing. So on the same spread you see other items from there.I thought I would add color at home but I may not now. Save that for another page.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Wow-this is such an interesting concept. I like it.

Becky
www.pooka-art.com

Sharon said...

I'm going to give this a try. I've been thinking about exercising and drawing all day. This may be the perfect combo!

Leona Ellsworth said...

Goodness what a great idea....almost the only place I go without my son when is to the gym. I usually take my iTouch and watch a movie while i'm on the treadmill but you've given me a better idea of how to keep myself entertained and get a workout. I'm just amazed that you are able to draw however. Do you not hold the hand bars? and just move your legs? I think I might try drawing first on the stationary bike and see how that goes. Thanks for the idea :)

Anita Davies said...

Ooooh good for you! Well done for exercising while sketching, I can't imagine trying to balance the two together.
So pleased my blog inspired you, thanks for the mention! :)

Unknown said...

When doing this I did both keep the book on the stand and at times hold it and sketch. When holding it I wasn't going as fast but I was still going! I too was pleasantly surprised that it went as smooth as it did. Now that I think about it better than in the car for me.

Ann said...

What an inspiring post! Thanks for sharing :)

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

OH my you were brave..in public and go up and down up and down...and it looks great...what fun

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...