Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mini sketchbook to make


OK- I am hooked on the habit of journaling. Or at least trying to journal.I i am now beginging a collection of journals to do 'something wonderful" in. I am picking up wonderful books as I have a hard time risisting. Now I have taken the scraps of watercolor,bristol-whatever good paper i have that I just couldn't toss and began making little matchbook journals for sketching or give away.

I began with trimming them to size. keeping them as big as possible yet, small. The sizes I have going:2.5 x 3 and 3 x 3.5. Using card stock I got in the scrap booking section for the covers I trim it 1/4" wider than the paper on the 11" side. I can get at least 2 'books' out of it with my chosen sizes. My cut cover size for the 3x3.5 s-paper is 3.5 x 8.5.

I then lay my stack of 6 pieces of 140# watercolor paper on the cover. Holding it in place fold one edge over the length. You should have extra at the other side. Folding like a match book. Fold over the edge where you will staple. Remember to staple close to the bottom allowing room for the cover to slip in. I intended on making some embellishments for the covers. Maybe get into some inchies.
Post a Comment

Google+ Badge

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...