Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mini sketchbook to make


OK- I am hooked on the habit of journaling. Or at least trying to journal.I i am now beginging a collection of journals to do 'something wonderful" in. I am picking up wonderful books as I have a hard time risisting. Now I have taken the scraps of watercolor,bristol-whatever good paper i have that I just couldn't toss and began making little matchbook journals for sketching or give away.

I began with trimming them to size. keeping them as big as possible yet, small. The sizes I have going:2.5 x 3 and 3 x 3.5. Using card stock I got in the scrap booking section for the covers I trim it 1/4" wider than the paper on the 11" side. I can get at least 2 'books' out of it with my chosen sizes. My cut cover size for the 3x3.5 s-paper is 3.5 x 8.5.

I then lay my stack of 6 pieces of 140# watercolor paper on the cover. Holding it in place fold one edge over the length. You should have extra at the other side. Folding like a match book. Fold over the edge where you will staple. Remember to staple close to the bottom allowing room for the cover to slip in. I intended on making some embellishments for the covers. Maybe get into some inchies.

2 comments:

Lydia Velarde said...

this is cool thanks for posting it

Timaree said...

This sounds easy. I'll share it with my grandkids. They just learned to make inchies so they can decorate the covers with them. That's a great use for inchies. (My daughter plans to group the kids inchies onto one sheet of paper and hang it in their art gallery.
Thanks for the tutorial.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...