Friday, September 5, 2008

ALERT ALERT-do you get alerts?

I am reading the book " I 'd rather be in the studio" by Alyson B. Stanfield, The Artist's No-Excuse Guide to Self Promotion. I am enjoying it tremendously. I have gleaned so much information already to help my pen and ink illustration business that I can not get to the 'actions' as Alyson puts it, fast enough. Which brings me to: do you know what the Internet has to say about you? Have you ever 'googled' your own name or business name? If you would like to know where your name ,city, medium,competitors etc . might be apperaring out there in the internet world you can have it sent to you in your email through 'Google alerts'. Sign up is free and you can register any workd you want the search engines to track.

A little journal page abut school preperation.

2 comments:

Monette Satterfield said...

I like your sketches -they are very nicely done with lovely line quality. Thanks for the reminder about the Stanfield book. I'll have to look into that!

Anonymous said...

What an interesting post. The book looks great too. Interesting about the alerts. It's amazing what you find sometimes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...