Sunday, November 16, 2008

Return to school....



The kids listen to the Bible lesson. Got a chance to try to draw lots of backs of people. I have Mrs. R mush heavier than she is but I feel the overall first attempt at the class isn't to bad.

I returned to school with. First grade that is! Yep, It is not quite what I had in mind when I think of returning to school but it will do. I have been accompanying Zach to help keep an eye on him with his seizures. So with sketchbook in hand here are a few sketches I did while I was in class. Maybe it looks like I was taking notes....


Here is an attempt at drawing some more kids and some items in the music room. What I ended up doing was drawing this item and that and just placing them through out the page. I even kept notes on some of the things I learned or exercises I found interesting. This page also has my record of times Zach had seizures. I treat this journal as sacred and if I put my notes and list in it I know i will be able to find the information too down the road if need be.

.

5 comments:

Cecelia said...

Very interesting blog.
I always have my sketchbook, pencils, pens, and a travel set of watercolors with me in my purse. I tell people that I am always ready to entertain myself, no matter where I am. As a retired art teacher, I was particularly interested in your use of sketching and journaling in your son's class. I never had a parent do that. But I have had paper and material out, in case visitors wanted to join in whatever my class was doing.
My sister and I take our sketching materials with us when we go visit our aunt in the nursing home. The residents love to watch us draw and paint. I'm trying to encourage them to try it with us. They need art therapists in those places, I think.
Good luck with your son. That must be such a terrible experience for you, and for him. I've had students who had seizures, but none happened in my class. Having had a lot of interest in nursing, I probably could have reacted appropriately, but I was glad that I didn't have to find out.

Ricardo Sérgio said...

Very good sketches, i really like them.

Unknown said...

Wow! As a first time visitor this is such a truly inspirational blog! I just love the way you sketch. I definitely have to come back and indulge in your amazing work!

Timaree said...

What a great opportunity this turned out for you. Hope it worked out the best for your son too.

suzanne cabrera said...

I can take some lessons from you! Great job capturing the class listening to their teacher. This image looks straight out of a picture book. Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...