Tuesday, September 29, 2009

marketing thoughts


Do you face book and twitter? If so what about? I am not one to tell ya' what am eating but more what I am doing. I guess I want to see how other artist live and fit day to day life in to their art or the art into their day to day. I guess because that is my day to day challenge.

For me art is not an option it is part of who I am and at times can be my driving force of the day/week/month. But I am a mom,a wife, daughter and friend as well. Just some days I am better at one than the other. Not usually all in one day.

Today though I had my business hat on and signed up on face book with my business name. This way I have 'claimed' the name while I continue to resurrect and expand my business. (though I need to create the page yet, I feel I have a start.)

Are you thinking ahead? Planning for the future of your passion may take you?


Consider some simple actions you can take:

1.sign up your business name/s on Face book,Twitter, My Space etc.

2. Claim your busines name on on line shops such as Etsy.

3. Place your business/studio on Google Maps

4.Add your business or studio to Yahoo maps

5. Add a feed reader option to your blog and web for readers to keep up with you.(look in your gadagets with your blog)

6. Use Ping o matic and Pingoat each time you write a new post. these services sends to many others to let the blog world to stop by.


In this fast past electonic age I hope one of thess help you in some way.Gets you thinking beyond what you are currently doing.





I Would love to hear some of your marketing stratagies to share wwith others.










6 comments:

Peachtreeart said...

These are some great ideas!

Gary said...

Really nice page of flower (I find them sooo difficult). Thanks for the marketing ideas too - gonna check them out!

Krista Meister said...

Good for you, thinking in terms of business! Let us know what results you get. I have so far resisted Twitter. Unfortunately, my marketing ideas are not so high-tech. I'm also a bit backwards because I don't want a following on Facebook. That's for people I directly know, friends, family and art friends that I know. However, I direct those people over to my blog. It's one way traffic. I don't want anyone leaving my blog to only join me on FB. We'll see how that one works out. BTW - great site!

Patricia said...

So, do you have the ping services ping the article URL or the main URL for your blog? Your blog is lovely but the font is kind of too small to read without zooming in.

I do like how you place your art in and about.

Patricia

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips. I didnt realize you have to zoom my type. I will change from 'small' to the next size up. That might help. I do ping after a post...i am not sure yet how it effects my 'standing' and why yet that makes a differeance but I do it and well see as it goes. I too fb mainly faimly friends.Twitter though I find more art friends/companions and organizations. Since it is such a limited post aloud I find it ver simple and not so much to 'follow' as facebook. But that is just how I tend to use them. someday when I have another event i will use them both and see...that is all I guess I know to do right now. Just keep pluggin away and see.
thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Wonderful ideas, thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...