Monday, June 14, 2010

Art for the rescue of the Wildlife effected by the Oil spill in the Gulf.


A few ACEO cards I contributed along with my 8year old daughter to the web site Ripple. Each sketch card on this blog is $10.00. The $10.00 is a donation to help the animal victims of the Deep Water Horizon Gulf Oil Spill. Every penny is donated. The two Non-Profits that are benefiting are The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies and The International Bird Rescue Research Center. The artist will mail you the signed card. Be sure to check out older posts as there are many fabulous pieces still available.


i worked in in and watercolor on watercolor paper for the 'Happy town " pieces, all ink work on the Laughing Gull. Taylor used colored pencil on bristol board.
Our contributions: http://ripplesketches.blogspot.com/2010/06/89.html and http://ripplesketches.blogspot.com/2010/06/family-ripples.html


At the time of this post: $1500. raised!

4 comments:

Alex said...

These are such adorable ATCs! And I'm sure they will serve the cause well ^^

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm definitely going to join in on this one! Wonderful contributions from you and your daughter!

Becky said...

Good for you Susan. I did one for Ripple and it sold. I think i am going to work up another one next week.

I just can't watch the news. it is to heart breaking.

Unknown said...

Ripple just exploded over the weekend. I was in the high 80's and now there are over 400 listed cards!Over $2000. raised...it is good to be helpful in some small way and rewarding when the cards I have done are chosen as a keepsake. I too hope to contribute more somehow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...