Thursday, July 8, 2010

Completed more ACEO Cards for Gulf Oil Spill


Here on day 80 of the Gulf Oil spill I glad to be able to send off a few more ACEO cards to Ripple but deeply saddened that there is still a need too. Yes this spill will be effecting wildlife for probably years to come, but with no cap currently-where is the light?


I haven't been able to depict the "Oil" devastation as other artist have but continue to look toward the other side. where clean beaches, thriving animals and family memories will occur again on the Gulf. I guess when some one views one of my cards I know they will be reminded of the why and how they acquired it but I still hope to bring joy to their hearts to for the good in it all.


These cards were first inked with the layers of watercolor laid into them to obtain the variation of color. I again found myself adding a few details when all was dry with ink.

To make a donation and pick your own artist sketch card, go to Ripple .

5 comments:

Alex said...

Love the theme and adore the colors! The pastel soft colors are so pleasing to the eyes and attracts attention so easily. I think these are pretty much suitable for all ages and those from all walks of life =)

Angie Willis said...

Lovely and bright and also positive which is how we need to be I guess.

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Love the colours, very nice

Unknown said...

Oh these are good!! I love the quality of the line and the beautiful, uplifting colors!! Excellent!

donna said...

They are going very well. I can't wait to see them finished!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...