Monday, July 12, 2010

A few sketchbook pages

I haven't posted any sketchbook pages in some time. I really got away from the ability to to put pen to the page since the death of my mum in December. I have faithfully carried it from place to place as I always had but just didn't have the motivation or energy to do anything out and about as I once spent my time. I am not sure actually what replaced it. I guess just sitting, waiting like the other folks around.
Lately I have been paging through it and was really astonished how much time as passed since I worked on anything. As I looked I was reminded of what pleasure I found in the activity and needed to put it back into my time.

So here the baby steps I have taken...

I can see here the awkward lines at these first attempts back during my sons baseball game.

Simple sketch and a bit of recording.
Color trials for the thisel color in the upper corner of this sketch I worked on in between baiting some more hooks.
Sunday sermon sketch.

15 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Your sketches are nice, Susan. It is nice to see you sketching again.

It is so hard to lose your mum, but I think sometimes sketching and other artistic outlets can heal your soul.

xoxo

Dan Kent said...

These are beautiful, tender sketches. Baby steps are all that is needed to move forward, and that is certainly enough. I am sorry for your loss.

Alex said...

The color trial is wonderfully done! I love the fine lines too, and the sketches are great, but the colored one really shines!

Mary said...

These are lovely sketches, Susan. I particularly like the way you've used colour on the baseball sketch.

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

Your baby steps are beautiful and I love the thistle. Sorry to hear about your mum. This group is so wonderful in helping each other through grief, it is a nice place to be.

Unknown said...

Thanks all for your encouragement all ariund. Odd i think to myself how I can draw at home for Ripple (maybe because it is new)
But this routine I sorked so hard to fit in of the sketchbook dropped...life is odd,glad I am not in charge of it!

Cathy Holtom said...

Sometimes it's hard to get motivated, but I enjoyed seeing your sketches and I particularly liked the colours in the thistle.
Keep going!

Anonymous said...

Grief has a way of swallowing up motivation and desire for even the most wonderful things in our life. Go easy on yourself and draw as you feel a desire to. It is great to see you drawing again!

Anonymous said...

So glad you have started to draw again. It is such a comfort. I am sorry that you have lost your mother.

donna said...

Your sketches are lovely. Please keep taking those baby steps. I believe art is healing.

And I am sorry for your lose.

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Patsy! I'm so sorry for you loss. I agree with others that art can be so healing. These are wonderful sketches!

nanke's stuff said...

Your baby steps are wonderful, sensitive, drawings. I too, am so sorry for your loss, but like the others, I'm so happy to see you sketching again. Do what you can and celebrate the little things. Healing takes time. hugs, nancy

Timaree said...

Nice sketches. Bet you feel better too now that you are back to drawing. I especially like the sketch with the pink flower. Just soft and pretty. A tiny bit of life around you.

Ann said...

Lovely sketches. So sorry for your loss. It's good to see that you are drawing again.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words and your encouragement as lead me to try more with color...look what ya started...hehehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...