Thursday, July 22, 2010

Illustration Friday- Dairy

Ablast from my past! Cleaning out my moms home I came acros a box of some of my old pen pal letters and several diaries. I thought a sketch of a few would fit this Illustration Friday  theme perfect.
This is the entire page from my moleskine watercolor sketch book. I did the sketcing then the journaling. It was a chuckle to read some of the simple entries of a 12 year old.

UPDATE: in the box I found with my diaries were a few penpal letters. With the aid of the internet, I just found a 'blood sister' of mine from sixth grad who moved away. I just got a confirmation on my connection last night!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Great sketch! It can be fun to read the stuff we wrote when we were young.:)

Alissa said...

wow - what a blast from the past for you ! And a great sketch. I have also just discovered Illustration Friday as well. It's a great combination with weekly EDM challenges.

Unknown said...

I love looking through these kinds of things! How exciting that you've found an old friend!

nanke's stuff said...

What a find, and what a great sketch! nancy

Alex said...

Nicely done! Love the proportion =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...