Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lemonade out of Lemons anyone...

EDM 154 draw a lemon
Taking the moments when I have them is something I have to be a tune to all the time.My kids had been sick ALL this past week. They did not eat much. The one night by the time I sat to eat with them they were done with their soup and off to lay down.
Looking across the barron table two loan pieces of fruit laid in the bowl.
so with no hurry and plenty of table space I did these little watercolors of 'lemon' and apple'. I worked the watercolor first then laid in some ink with my Pitt Artist pen. I enjoyed that so much I did the apple again, only larger on a page if it's own.
EDM 24 draw a piece of fruit

6 comments:

rrARTz said...

nice line work and use of color!

Alex said...

Beautifully done! The colors are stunningly bright, and they make me want to have some fruits this instance!

Anonymous said...

I think all three sketches are great but that last apple has 'something' extra - it is really super!

Janene said...

I really like the way you combined watercolors and ink.

Unknown said...

These all look great, but I can see why you wanted to do another apple to add in the ink. Then you don't mess up that great looking apple without the ink. I really like it with the ink though!

Unknown said...

thanks everyone. My first apple was about 2" in the colorner of the page. So yep had to try a more serious attempt. The second is about twice the size. Lemon...didn't have much variation and thought to much ink would make it look old.
just gotta keep trying this and that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...