Monday, September 13, 2010

ink of Mellon Arena Done!

Well, I did it. I got it done. The Civic Arena as it was called in my youthful days, now Mellon Arena still stands with unknown future. But for me it is now my latest completed illustration of a wonderful building that has housed many events and holds memories too for an abundant amount of "Pittsburgher's" like me.

This was a challenge to execute from the beginning.(read some of the previous posts for more) I fined tuned the sketch several times before beginning to apply ink. Then continued to check the details with my magnifying class and numerous reference photos I took.
Now under my belt, I am pleased with it and hope others will enjoy the print that may link them back to their fond memories. So here is to another memory for me to link to the Civic /Mellon Arena.

Debuting for purchase this weekend at Penn's Colony Festival.
or stop by my etsy shop soon.

Hesr is a sneak peak

Mellon arena by Susan Walker
all rights reserves 2010

6 comments:

Alex said...

Masterful =) Can't get anymore detailed and technical than that!

nanke's stuff said...

Man oh man, what a wonderful piece of work! nancy

Aurileide Alves said...

Hey! It's a really nice sketch. And when I read about it in our EDM list, got really happy to know you did it despit your busy agenda. That is something I am trying to achieve, but without success! Anyway, you did it and this is great!

Unknown said...

Well done!! Hope you have a great show!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. put a few in frames and backin up for the weekend. Hope it is well recieved there too.

Katie said...

Hurray! I am doing the online journaling too and took your advice to stop by your blog. I love your sketching style! And I was so happy to see your a Pittsburgh gal too. That's where all my family is originally from- now I'm in WA state. But I will always love Pgh!! loved this sketch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...