Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ink Zentangle

Zentangle in ink by Susan Walker
copyright 2010 all rights reserved

I have recently discovered "Zentangles". Well, actually the term. I think many artist have done them in some form or another but now have a trademark name. "Inchies"come to mind as well. What has attracted me to the idea is the Zen like mind set you get into while working. Right now at this point in my like with my son facing two brain surgeries an the pain I still feel in the loss of my mum, I find focusing hard to do. My mind wonders from this to that and I am forgetting where I was and what I am to be doing. Drawing for me use to be a pleasure but I had been struggling with form and ideas. Zentangles have been quite therapeutic.

A Zentangle is to be 3.5 x 3.5 but this too is not written in stone. I use an Pitt Artist pen by Fabre Castel XF and F. I am using a smooth 140# paper I cut down to my desired size.


From the Zentagle website:
Abstract
You always succeed when you do a Zentangle because you always create a pattern. A Zentangle has no up or down and is not a picture of something, so you have no worries about whether you can draw a hand, or a duck. You always succeed in creating a Zentangle.


Meditational Art form
Zentangle’s non-verbal language of patterns and proportions can open doors to insights which seemed locked before. Creating Zentangles opens those doors, not because they were locked, but because those doors swing on non-verbal hinges. When you create a Zentangle you can enter a meditative state in which intuitive insights flow freely. Get inspirations, ideas and answers unhindered by expectations or worries.

Give it a try and hope you enjoy them too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...