Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Keeping up the sketching while waiting-still

A few sketches I have been doing while waitng...all with either the Artist Pitt pen xf or micron .03 pen in moleskine watercolor sketchbook.





These top to sketchbool pages i did while waitng for
Zachary at occupational therapy.

some of the dads at Colton's boyscout meeting

I added the watercolor washes in the waiting room. I used the niji waterbrush and a small Daler-Rowney portable watercolour pallet.I laid a clear water wash around the images. then with a juicy brush full of Prusian blue and prusian green was my color choice to lay in the wet wash.very eay to push around.


7 comments:

Dan Kent said...

I think these are great sketches! I especially like the moustached man. I never lay a wash around the sketches - it is a great effect, and I have to remember to do it some time.

Re the lion: If I were in a waiting room and my child was in therapy and a lion was waiting there, he and I would be outathere!!

Sandra said...

Really like the idea of the color. Certainly something that I'm going to try.

Sara Light-Waller said...

Nice sketches Susan. I love your pen lines. :-)

Leda said...

Susan... absolutely beautiful!! Wow. Have you ever considered doing a sketch book for the Brooklyn Art Library? Go to www.arthousecoop.com. I did one and it is touring all over the country with 26,000 other themed sketchbooks! I'm working on the next project called "Fiction Project"... a rough sketch of the first chapter for a graphic novel.

Unknown said...

Excellent sketches, and I like the simplified color...perfect for the conditions.

www.suanwalkerart.com said...

Thanks I am glad you like the color. I wasn't sure about it. You knw you put something down for a change and wonder...i will do more of it again for sure.

thanks :0)

seesue said...

Enjoy your waiting room sketches. I hope that the doing of them is making the wait fly by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...