Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sketchbook pages in ink:catching up


here is a few pages from my moleskine sketchbook I did while at The Children's Institute with my son. I was busier there with him attending physical and occupational therapy than i was sitting at the hospital. i managed to do a few of these while he slept or while he was in a pool game with a fellow patient. I used. my Artist Pitt pen XF or my micron 03 black pen in my watercolor molskine (the pink label)


Here i started with the bag then added some journal notes later. Came back another night and laid the shell through it and was inspired to jot down a pattern for a future tangle doodle.


This big guy here was in the playroom fish take. he was a good 4 inches. a great subject as when another fish came close he swam around the plant and sat right back where he was. i think he is some kind of algae eating fish.

this one here i sketched of Zach in pencil while he worked in speech. There is a fairly good likeness. I am pleasantly surprised. When I look at it i feel this point we were at. with his almost smooth head and very raw point in all his.

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Great sketches and quite the variety of subjects and styles.

http://susanwalkerart.blogspot.com/ said...

Well, yeah now that you mention it I do bounce from one subject to another huh. It was just what was in fromt of me tat the moment I had the chance to sketch.

Cathy Holtom said...

Some great sketches, the one of your son is very touching, hope everything goes well.

Anonymous said...

Lovely sketches - the fish is wonderful! Hope all is going well.

Shalini said...

Lovely sketches..
Hope things are good

debra morris said...

Great sketches, and a great way to fill waiting time at hospitals wishing all goes well

Alex said...

Lovely sketches Susan! =) Definitely a great way to spend time there

Unknown said...

I love the one of your son! They're all great though!

www.susanwalkerart.com said...

Thanks againg for the warm replies. Zach is doing great and is back to school along with his OT. But a;; is GREAT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...