Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Purple Prompt Blooming

Susan Walker all rights reserved 2012

Strathmore Visual Journal. "Bloom Where You Are" Purple prompt.


My first Wednesday prompt with Daisy Yellow, purple. Take a photo; create a journal page with purple. I attempted some jelly beans and candy wrappers in purple but didn’t achieve the desired effect. I enjoyed my journal page much better. In the end I used a reminder too for myself with where I am this summer. Or really for the fact I am not sure where I am going.

I started writing with a micron pen. Just wrote my thoughts. After which I covered with layers of white and purple paint. I like this method as I find sharing my thoughts helpful but then covering them to put them behind me. As well as everyone can't read every little bit. I tore text and a science book for the flowers and the foreground.Sealed with matte gel medium. Used a pallet knife to put down the stems. More micron pen accents. Seal again.

Here is a fun Flicker Group if you would like to see more visual journal pages by others.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...