Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Drawing in the New Year with a Calendar

What a great place for my planning calendar...in my sketchbook! Why carry another book? Leaves me more room for sketching supplies too!


Strathmore Visual Journal Mixed Media Paper

 I love this Strathmore Visual Journal Mixed Media Paper as the paper is durable enough for wet media and takes dry beautifly as well. I have been able to layer papers and such too with no problem using glue sticks and gel medium. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner...but I usually cary around a calendar book of the same size. I put appointments and ideas in there as well as keep notes and lists in my sketchbook. Well in effort to simplify things, lighten my bag( doesn't that sound good) ...well in truth,make more room for sketching goodies...I have drawn in my calendar. So far 3 months out. I am using the Smash markers blackr after sketching the grid I need in pencil. Then at night I take a few minutes to add to it. Fun sketches and doodles, color with watercolor pencil and watercolor so far. I think I am going to really like this method. I will let you know how it works out. I guess too I have to be willing to put everything in one place and not just keep a pretty sketchbook. This one was a "pretty sketchbook' as far as mine goes. But I will be able to use the notes and shopping list too as part of my future pages.


2 comments:

ChristineMM said...

Fantastic. A simple idea, but I'd never thought of that before. Great idea you had!

Unknown said...

thanks...it seems like a no brainer but i have been keeping a journal for years as well as carring around my calendar. And they are the same size! Oh well,better late than never!
thanks for stopping and the comment. :0)))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...