Tuesday, January 8, 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days - What I am Learning

Day 7 I think in Leslie Saeta's call to join her in painting 30 paintings in 30 days. I have a lot of commitment issues with challenges or should I say completing challenges. I am all for the project but somewhere life gets me side tracked and I again don't follow through. I struggled with committing to this.1- with a group of other artist who seem to be able to really get it done. Some who don't have young children. Have been where I am and are seeing success. Right now 4th grade homework and project's  with my triplets is grueling! Colt my 8th grader is pretty well on his own thank goodness as he too as been recruited at times to check algebra and gather materials for projects. You would think my day would be free to paint but I find myself doing the 3/4 laundry loads a day and meal prepping before the kids come home pretty time consuming...along with the other commitments to school and my neighbor who I am meal prepping for as well as she goes through chemo treatments. Just always something. But I can keep going with excuses and causes that keep me from getting done but once again I have approached this 30 paintings in 30 days hopeful this is the one I will complete. Actually much thought and pray I have a better plan to be more realistic about what I can get done.
So far I have several painting started and one on day 2 that I trashed. For me it has been more about getting in the studio no matter. I have put off lunch invites and not volunteering to go into school this month. Laundry is piling up and hubby did some with me this weekend...he ran out of something or other...and I am ok with that THIS MONTH. I keep telling my self this is just one month. But a side goal is to build a habit of better time management, OH and staying of this computer as we know sucks up time like a New York minute. I have heard it takes 22 days of repeating something to build a new habit.
Much of what I do in my painting is layering and in those layers I place text. words of empowerment, encouraging positive self talk that we don't hear enough. I like to think that even though some of these words and phrases lie within the layers of the painting,they continue to whisper to the viewers. Giving that positive power and encouragement that the media, busy moving lives, our culture, and even self talk can lack. I am putting those word to my head and trying to be my own best cheerleader through this. I am pretty happy with what I have accomplished so far. I look forward to the lessons that still lie ahead.

I would like to be able to share with you 11 completed paintings but I can't . I have missed whole days and I am not sure if I will make that time up in a painting as much  as i would like to think I will. I won't add that disappointment to my list but focus on what I am doing.What I can share is what I have started and that completion should be right around the corner on a few of these starts. Either way here is what I have.... Happy creating and here's to pizza and crock pot meals!

 
8 x 10 Shine
 

 
One stage  of another 8 x 10

 
Where I left off last night on this 4" x 4" ( I think that is the size) Went smaller yesterday to try and complete sooner...

 
Another 8 x 10 in the stage I left it too yesterday. The layers take a while to dry so I hope from two or three at a time.
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...