Friday, January 3, 2014

30 in 30 Day 2- Be Happy in Mixed Media


'Be Happy'by Susan Walker
5.5" x 5.5" Mixed Media $30.
Purchase Here
Preparing for this challenge I thought I would try to work around central theme. Pondering and pounding my brain trying to come up with something clever, fun and that I could see to the end I fell flat. To only get up and come back to why I create to begin with., To encourage and inspire others in their daily lives.
Through color,images and text. The world around us is constantly telling us what we need, why we need it, how to be better with this or that. I want my art to be viewed as a pleasure spot. Tucked away on a table , desk or prominently displayed to whisper or even shout joy and delight. May sound cheesy but I know I enjoy a word of encouragement and things that make me smile. I hope you find some of that too when you view my work.

In this piece I chose the butterfly to symbolize all the butterfly goes through just as we often do in our journey to happiness. This little verse will be a reminder too to do that the best way we can and be ourselves doing it. Something I find not to be always easy.
********
Want to be the first to see my painting for the day? Join my eNews letter here to get the first peak along with some special offers.

If you like to see my other paintings from the last two thirty in 30 painting challenges, pop over to my web site here and archived work here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...