Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 3-Little by Little I Paint 30 Paintings


'Little by Little' by Susan Walker
5.5" x 5.5" Mixed Media $30.
Click here to View or Purchase

I saw this little verse and right away I thought of ants. Yes the insect. Not that I have a particular care for the little bugs. But how little by little, grain by grain, step by step they make it across the yard or field to do their job. This mixed media artwork is a gentle reminder to just take it little by little in what we do. One step at a time gets you over the mountains or through the fields. I created this in shades butterscotch yellow,tan, off white with a touch of soft green. In the layers numbers also represent steps and if you look closely you will see little ants marching along.
Did you know the ant can lift 20 times its body weight
********


Though still moves mountains little by little.
Imagine what we could do if we could move 20 times our body weight. 
That's like lifting a 1 ton elephant!
I can't imagine all I would do with that strength. What would you do?

If you would like to be amongst the first to see my paintings,hear about my events, happenings  and special promotions then you want to  sign  up for my eNews. You can do that right here. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...