Saturday, March 22, 2014

Easy Mixed Media Materials # 1 Bubblewrap

Mixed Media is very versatile. You can use art supplies you already have a long with many re-purposed items you have to create an endless amount of textures and effects. Working in ephemeral and found object from person trips, shows and daily living.
I thought I would share some of my favorites.


faith hope love

At the top of the list is bubble wrap. Anybody who has had a class with me knows I LOVE bubble wrap for texture.This comes in several types. I grab whatever I come across. I prefer the bubbles that are filled well to get nice circles. If When someone gets a hold of it and pops the air out of it, it too makes for another unique effect.

Dab paint on with foam/brush or fingers,not getting to juicy and down around 'bubbles'. Simply stamp on your surface.

Lift the 'bubble' out of paint. Then pint on to another area. 

I use it to print the texture as well as use it to remove paint. After placing a juicy layer you can lay it over and when you lift it leaves a reverse pattern. Then print it onto something else




  A few bubbles on a glass art ornament. Fun on many surfaces.


Artful Ornament  $12. each

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love bubble wrap too! And I like to use twigs to add paint. The lines created are uneven and broken... out of control. Enjoyed your post Susan :)

Unknown said...

Shelia I have never used twigs...I will for sure. I have used skewers but never twigs I bet they are great lines, so fun and cheap..hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...