Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lent in the Artful Way You Can Start Anytime

Daily reflecting through miniature pieces of art anybody can do.This Lent I cam across Artful Lent Prompt  by Tamara Paterson. I decided  to try even though I found out about day 8. Better to start somewhere than not at all. Though it is a journal project i applied my twisted line drawings to them, They are black and white art created through, simple, structured patterns in a small size meant to be relaxing and fulfilling.Small in size, 3.5 x 3.5", so it can be completed in a reasonable time= a successful challenge for me.  I thought it would be a great way to better to connect to God. through this gift of creativity and art he gave me. You too can create art for a way to relax and focus.  And to connect to God if you desire. Give it a try.

Day 9: Artful Lent Prompt.
Mark 6:31  Rest


I find much comfort out in nature. The wonder of how things work, grow and work together. I mean there is a full functioning body inside insects smaller than the head of a pin...amazing.
I love trees and what a great place to rest.The sun going down or just coming up at that quiet time. When I can reflect on the day ahead or behind and have a conversation with God.

Day 8: Artful Lent Prompt. 
James 2:17 Matt 5:14.  Comfort
Oh the comfort of my mom./there is nothing like it. She was always there. Now a mother of four, I am often called upon to give comfort. I go to God for wisdom and help with  my kids more often than I bet he wants to hear from me. Comforting is one of the easy parts, the right answers can be the touchy part.
I start with a pencil sketch after I free hand the border. Draw in some of my pattern ideas.Then proceed with putting in the ink lines with a Pigma artist marker, .01 black. 




Day 10: Artful Lent Prompt. 
Matt 11:28. Isaiah 41:3. Isaiah 40:31.  Strength


I get my strength through prayer. I couldn't have gotten through so the many challenges in my life without the strength I get ,conversation,and listening time during my prayers.My patter for the back ground is to lead toward the cross/God. I started with this one pattern inside but ended up not caring for it.

 

The drops right around the center of the cross represent to me the blood God shed,the tears I shed for what he took on at the cross for me. A lowly sinner.The curly 'plant' pattern with in the 'web'-I weave in my days-is how I grow through my prayer life and relationship with God. Oh and the little swirls on the hands: I pray or talk to God a LOT through my swirly crazy day.Right now I am not sure how to finish off the hands. I will wait to see what is revealed.



Day 13: Artful Lent Prompt. 
Daniel 6:10. Luke 22:39. John 18:2.
Here is the beginning of my current one.Stop back to see where it goes. Or sign up above to get the posts directly in your email.

Read more about creating Twisted Line, Zentangle,Tangle doodles go to my post here.

********
Free Painting Giveaway this month!Easy to enter. Go below and place a comment, Or Like my fan page, and/or sign up for my news letter for multiple chances to win!Please share with your friends too!



1 comment:

aimado said...

Wow! Susan, these are beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...