Saturday, January 16, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days Continue into the Sunrise

"Stand Tall and Proud
Sink your roots deeply into the Earth
Reflect the light of a greater source
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The Energy and Birth of Spring
The Growth and Contentment of Summer
The Wisdom to let go of leaves in the Fall
The Rest and Quiet Renewal of Winter." 

-  LLan Shamir, Advice from a Tree 

 
 If you follow my Facebook or Instagram page, you know I am  well, obsessed, actually more mesmerized by the beauty of the colors with sunsets. I can see them from my front porch. They just call at me to go out and be dazzled by the colors. Now sunrises, I get to experience on my bus drive now that I am up while it is still dark ;0).... Like the other morning, I was so moved by the colors of the morning, the brush strokes. I just wanted to stop and take it all in. Gods color pallet is un-matchable to me. But I am trying to transfer the feeling from the colors across in the painting below. I can envision a tree ,the roots clinging and immersed in the land holding on, reach out. Branches stretched and challenged.
Look deep and see and feel the layers. Like us, grounded but by so many layers. then deeper the bumps, the dirt, the rocks of our path. But through all those rocks and debris some how the green grass, beautiful flowers and life emerges.
 
Hope you will stop back to see how this develops on. :0)
 
 
8"x8" Mixed Media in progress

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...