Wednesday, May 28, 2008

ED in M 27 flower


Well, I attempted this lily in watercolor pencil. I did use the water this time and it changed the colors. What I mean to say is the color of the pencil though not quite the color of the flower, when water was added the purple shade was much brighter and more intense than I imagined it to be. NOT what I expected at all. I like the way the water 'smoothed' the pencil lines. You can see that in the apple I did. Again the color intensity I will keep in mind next time. Live and learn despite myself!! It was a fun change though all in all.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

It's lovely, Susan. You'll get used to the pencils. I use a page in the back of my journal for testing out colors as I work. That way I know what to expect when I use my waterbrush. I'm still learning!

Luba said...

This is lovely! I chart my wateroclor pencils (and refer to the chart while using the pencils) both wet and dry because they can be surprising.

Becky said...

I really like your image Susan. I know what you mean about the color variations. I think luba has some good points on testing the colored pencil either wet or dry.

Becky
www.pooka-art.com
www.illustratingforchildren.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...