Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Drawing


I put pencil and brush actually to paper over the weekend. As well as some watercolor pencil. Though I don't have much to show for it. The very last hours on Monday, with kids bathed and piled on my bed for some t.v. I grabbed this Gala apple and some watercolor pencils. i didn't use any water.

I found the variety of colors a challenge as well as the darker reds that went around the apple. I didn't have all the colors I wanted in the pencils and in this computer scan, is a little flatter than I hope it appears on the paper.

I would work on it more except it is promised to 2 of the kids who couldn't wait to eat it!

It is odd to me our(the creative person) or at least my passion or obsession depending on how you look at it. After a full weekend of chores and family I wasn't really content till I attempted something in my sketch book.

4 comments:

Luba said...

This looks so real! I immediately recognized it as a gala. I agree - after all the chores are done, being able to complete a sketch is very calming.

Unknown said...

Did I say chores done...I should have said I was done with doing the chores.

thanks for stopping by. Susan

Margaret Ann said...

Beautiful color and texture! :0

Unknown said...

I am suprise Luba you could tell what kind of apple it is by my drawing. Thanks again. I have been looking at the new batch i just bought and thinking of doing another apple study...if the kids don't eat them all first!

Margaret Ann, thanks for the comments too.

Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...