Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hiking and Sketching along The Slippery Rock River



It was very hot Thursday. Humid as well. But the kids and I went on up to McConnells Mills State Park. Thought I would sketch a bit as they explored.It works well as they stop to neb a round an area and I do a quick drawing. It was wonderfully cool under the shade of the trees and near the water. I am fascinated at the way the tree roots cling on to the glacier boulders and continue to grow. roots everywhere.My pictures are not as interesting as nature puts it in the canvas,but I am not competeing that is for sure.
.

7 comments:

Donna Mulholland said...

I love your pictures and sketched. What great memories to keep. The days sometimes pass slow, but somehow the years pass so fast!

Ann said...

Nice sketches! Looks like you had fun. I especially like the fern.

kazumiwannabe said...

Nice! I especially like the second one, it really has a feeling of sun, nature and freshness (is that a word?)

Spinneretta said...

Yes Delph, it IS a word :)

These are great pictures! And I love taking my kids into the woods... we do a nature club like this, and *sometimes* I even get to sketch ;)

Nan said...

Wonderful sketches! I'm amazed the kids let you sit still long enough to do them.

I love seeing the snap and the scene you drew side by side.

Unknown said...

thanks everyone for the kind words. I am finding if I let the kids explore an area i get just about enough time to get something down. I have my camera too to later fill in.
Again thanks for stopping by!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Susan - your sketches are awesome! I'll have to come back and visit when I have more time...... Thanks for visiting my blog! Marva

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...