Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ingrediants to a Recipe Card



I signed up to create and then exchange recipe cards with some folks from EDM.Turns out we will be doing 10 originals drawn/painted recipes. I spent several days running ideas around in my head. I want it to be visually colorful and not to much type. -Especially when I have to do 10. I am leaning towards doing 10 of the same.


I had this Strawberry Salad in mind. so I made it and took a few pictures to work from. When I got down to business I looked through an old Rachel Ray Magazine, Pampered Chef Cookbook, and a cook book my "Cranberry Mothers of Multiples" had put together. Studying pictures,page layout with the finished dish. How ingredients are laid out and paragraphs placed. now I spent only about 20 minutes on this but it was very purposeful.

4 comments:

Alison said...

This looks yummy - I need to get cracking with mine.

A Little Bird said...

I just wanted to tell you how wonderful your art work is! I guess I need to catch up at the EDM site...didn't even know about the recipe cards!!

Becky said...

Oh this salad looks wonderful. WAs it nummy?

Becky
www.illustratingforchildren.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I got in on this on the last day. i can't seem to keep up with the daily posts and got luck this day.
Thaks for stopping!

Yummy indead.Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...