Monday, February 14, 2011

Passing time tangle doodling in ink and color

Heart Tangle doodle in Color by Susan Walker
all rights reserved


One of the things i have been doing to pass  the time here at the hopital with my son Zach is tangle doodling.  I enjoyed creating my Curly Chicken  for Illustration Friday the other week that I though I would try another bird.

With many beautiful tangle doodles and Zentangles(R) out there with color addition I tryed my hand at that too. Though I was happy with the ink work , adding prisma colored pencils I was affraid i would 'mess it up" with my color choices. I don't think it is to bad. I am not use to commiting to color like that. something I will push myself to do again.Just one of those comfort zones.
again this is taken at the hhopital on the windosill. Paper is white....

you may also like this:http://www.etsy.com/listing/67498586/tangled-heart
and this:http://www.etsy.com/listing/67438067/heart-in-a-tangle

8 comments:

Barbara B said...

I like the color and delicate shading a lot! Very nice.

nanke's stuff said...

I think you did a very nice job with both the color and the drawing! I find doing tangles very relaxing and soothing, not to mention fun! nancy

Alex said...

Absolutely lovely! =) I like the color blend, and the style of course...totally suit the theme for today.

Elena (Pelusa) said...

I really like it! Love all the forms inside it... so harmonious!

Elza said...

I so like Curly Chicken. What a good way to put zentangle practice to work.
Like Alex says: totally in line of the theme of the day and he knows all about that......still smiling Alex.

Sharon P Pope said...

I love doing zentangles/doodles too, but haven't tried one in color yet. Yours is great! You've inspired me to try color!

I hope your son is okay. :)

Unknown said...

It's a lovely heart zentangle and the color seems like a nice addition!

Unknown said...

Lovely zentangle and a wonderful way to pass the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...