Thursday, January 16, 2014

Half Way Through 30 day Challenge

It has been a very busy week painting for this 30 day challenge. I am now half way through! Those of you who have been following along, I hope you have enjoyed so far. This week I did one more encouragement with gears. Changing it up next was this bird you see below.  Both I worked on larger canvas'. Something that is not easy for me but I enjoyed more room to move the paint around and layer.  There is always that point in a piece when I have all these bold colors going and it needs to be 'pushed back'. To be made subtle and allow the focal point to pop. On all of these pieces I had to cover most with a layer in this process and reveal the layers after. I am very pleased with the results. I showed collectors in my enews the before picture with bold orange and yellow in the beginning but the final piece it shines through amongst the layers. I have to say each time I do it it scares me. That maybe the color and texture layers will disappear and the result will be flat.
Pleasantly working it carefully I get the result I want. 

Small delights for you too that well, were actually smaller than usual. Hum, but they were so stinkin' Gleeful,Delightful and Joyful  and fun to do! 
********
Read about the process I call 'pushing it back' here in this post if you like. 
And if you would like to get these post in your email when they are published just sign up above in the right.

SOLD 'Change the World'
12 x 16" mixed media
$163. View here 

'Let your smile change the world. don't let the world change your smile'


SOLD 'Goal'  by Susan Walker
8 x8" Mixed media $53.
Click Here to View
********
 Set of Whimsical Flora

SOLD 'Gleeful'

SOLD    'Delightful'    
3" x3" each. Ready to display or hang. $12. each
Click Here to View 

SOLD 'Joyful'

View all my available paintings here.
Recieve my eNews by signing up here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...