Friday, March 20, 2015

BOOK JOURNAL Page Prepin'

I got this cute little old book as a birthday gift from a dear friend. I knew by the time I got home with it I wanted to keep it in tack and make it an art journal. I am starting with painting the pages with  thin layer of gesso. This helps to soften the type on the book page and create a great background  as a starting point for any journaling a head. It will take pencil,ink or wet mediums.The gesso will also give some strength to the pages and binding of this oldie but cutie. This is a slow prep process but I keep it on my counter where as I go through out the day I can put a coat across the page, let it dry, do some more. I know I won't get the whole book done without starting into the juicy part of creating!
I hope you will give it a try too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...