Sunday, May 1, 2016

Striving for Your Goals -Blue Delphiniums & Peony's

Getting more done on my current floral painting. I can't express how great it is to be able to work on bigger pieces comfortably in my new studio.

In this piece I am focusing on striving for goals and new beginnings. Using the blue delphinium flower and pale pink peony as elements to represent these. Seeing these flowers will be a daily reminder supporting your thoughts and goals.In researching the delphinium I came across an article with these meanings I just love:
  • Reaching for your goals and striving achieve it all
  • Expanding your options and attracting new opportunities
  • Openness to new emotions and feelings, in a romantic sense
  • Enjoying the lighter side of life, even when troubles get you down.
  • July  birthday flower
  • Celebrating practically anything positive.
  • Protection against dangers, specifically if your out and about with scorpions according to ancient lore's. :D
  •  
    Finding these well as some of these.Encouraging goals, open heart and dolphin( due to shape of flower)

     
    I added a layer of "leaves", laying out some peony's I cut already. Arranging book pages for the delphiniums. Watercolor pencils to Sketch them.


    Up date: I have been working on little delphinium flowers and at times it is maddening! I am not use to what it takes to complete large pieces. So I have paused some days to start other backgrounds. But I can now say I am making real progress and happy with where it is going! Plan is to post the finished piece this week!!
    Fingers crossed for me!

     

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...